Thursday, November 8, 2012

Bio Hacking, Sleep, Red Meat and Red Wine



Here it is, 4:12 a.m. CST and I have been awake since about 11:30 last night.  Tried to go back to sleep but for some reason I couldn't stop thinking about intermittent fasting.  Also, this whole Bio-Hacking concept really intrigues me, as does just about everything that Dave Asprey talks about.  One thing that I am going to experiment with a bit is the Carb Refeed.  I have been eating low carb (under 60 grams or so each day) for the last 3.5 months and have gotten to about 8% body fat.  This is just an estimate, and I could very likely be slightly off.  My abs are completely visible and I now have many palpable veins in my hips and entire body.


I recently started a new schedule at work and have been playing with an adjusted eating window as well.  Although I haven't been in the gym this week (yet), I feel like these recent changes are definitely helping with continuing the fat loss.  Last night Glory and I had an awesome steak dinner and I ate a medium sized sweet potato (so good!)


With the exception of an organic gala apple about once a week, my only other major carb source have been grapefruits.  I am going to try to work in a higher carb day once a week or so, depending on how I feel tomorrow after my workout.  If I feel any hungrier or stop losing fat, I will obviously make a few adjustments to both the amount of carbs and perhaps the timing.


Also, I really love this basic marinade that we found on YouTube for steak:

Red Wine
Worcestershire Sauce
Garlic Powder
Onion Powder


No comments:

Post a Comment