Sunday, November 4, 2012

G's primal story

Its the usual story! I was skinny kid.Very active playing outside with my friends.Even in cold massachusetts winter i still played outside but that was just it we were playing!Fast forward to age 11 finally a woman! Everyone was excited but me especially when i went to the doctors and was diagnosed with PCOS. I didn't really know what that meant i thought it was great no periods for months at a time,awesome! Freshman year i weighed a healthy 117lbs still somewhat athletic doing ballet throughout the year but finally had my first job. Freedom at last to buy whatever i wanted,which consisted of fast food and junk food like all my friends ate. It couldn't hurt right? Looking at this from as an adult now i relize i was the thinnest of my friends at the time. Taking a look at my diet in those 14 years consisted of mostly low glycemic root vegetables rice & beans along with lots of protein sometimes fish typical Puerto Rican cuisine to top it off i was also active all that time! So let's jump forward to age 14. My mom trying to do the best for her family started cooking low fat. What was she supposed to do? She just wanted to do the best for her family. Besides, could that many doctors be wrong ?!? As i quit ballet started working just about full time while still going to school. My insulin must have been completely destroyed from my sleep deprivation! I promptly gained about 30 lbs in one year! Holy Shit! What the hell happened?!? Eating whole grains,turkey spaghetti & margarine what was i doing wrong?Besides again, how could all those doctors be wrong? Off to the nutritionist i went. It was  an hour that seemed an eternity. It consisted of a man who was at least triple my size telling me I was fat and that i had no willpower I need to more carbs/less fat and most importantly it was my all my fault.


To be continued....

No comments:

Post a Comment